Alta Mesa Elementary School, a recipient of the Title I High Achievement Award, serves children in Kindergarten through 5th grade. The school buildings are maintained in a safe, orderly, and attractive fashion. The campus is covered with a variety of trees and beautiful flowers. Our multi-purpose room and gym are in near-constant use, seven days a week. Our spacious library contains a computer lab and staff work room. The playground features a number of new and modern climbing apparatus.The Alta Mesa instructional program is focused on students meeting or exceeding state standards in all subject areas including Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, and Fine Arts.We strive to provide a learning environment where:
• The uniqueness of each individual child is recognized.• Children are helped to acquire competencies that will develop skills of critical and creative thinking, independent judgment, and self-confidence.
• Children are encouraged to reach their maximum potential through the use of strategies and materials that are responsive to individual needs.
• The need is recognized for individual assessment of children's skills and abilities to provide for their strengths, interests, and differing learning styles.
• Learning situations are offered that meet the needs of children with differing learning rates and/or whose primary language is other than English.
• The development of strong feelings of self-esteem is encouraged.